Mibec DHP pipe is a pre-insulated, flexible, energy-saving PEX-a piping system perfectly suited for transporting water in renewable energy and other heating and plumbing applications.
- Unequalled flexibility for easy installation - Mibec DHP pipes are the most flexible PEX-a pipes on the market. Two Mibec DHP pipes of 40 mm can be bent to achieve an internal radius of only 25 cm. Turning corners and avoiding obstacles has never been easier and leads to significant time and cost savings during installation. With no cutting required, the installer simply and quickly bends the Mibec DHP pipe around the obstacle. And with fewer accessories and connections, there are real reductions in parts and labour, as well as less risk of leakages, and reduced time to install.
- No specialist tools required - Mibec DHP system accessories can be mounted without any special tools. Unlike steel systems no skilled welders are required to make the connections
- Fully sealed design – Mibec DHP has a corrugated HD-PE twin-wall outer casing (“closed chamber”) protecting both the carrier pipe and the insulating material from external influences. It is watertight, resistant to aggressive substances, and shock-resistant even at sub-zero temperatures.
- Light weight - Mibec DHP pipes are lightweight coupled with excellent flexibility making them easier to handle than comparable pipes, so can be laid rapidly, even over obstacles and around bends.
- Highest quality standards - The Mibec DHP piping system is manufactured according to the most stringent standards and the manufacturing facilities and processes are fully ISO 9001 approved.
- Excellent insulation - Mibec DHP pipes consist of micro-cellular cross-linked polyethylene foam with a closed cellular structure, permitting low water vapour diffusion, good thermal insulation to minimise heat loss, and resistance to extreme temperatures. This positions them favourably against other materials (e.g. PUR foam) which show a decline in their insulation capabilities over time.
- Oxygen diffusion barrier - The Mibec DHP carrier pipe used in heating appliances incorporates an oxygen diffusion barrier which prevents oxygen permeating into the piping system. This barrier enhances the life of the system components such as boilers.
- A long, maintenance-free life - Tests carried out by major testing bodies on the different components of the Mibec DHP piping system indicate that the expected lifetime of Mibec DHP pipes is over 100 years. Throughout their life, Mibec DHP pipes are virtually maintenance-free.
- Environmentally friendly - The Mibec DHP pipe imparts neither taste nor odour and is non-toxic. The manufacturing and recycling processes are also environmentally friendly.
- Size flexibility - Mibec DHP pipes are available as tailored lengths or full coils up to 100 metres. A wide variety of pipe diameters are available from 25 mm o/d (DN20) to 110 mm o/d (DN90) to meet specific application requirements.